More Patient Information
Frequently Asked Questions
Will my eyes be dilated during my visit?
Yes. In most cases, both eyes will be dilated.
How long will my eyes stay dilated?
While each person is different, it may take up to 6-8 hours to return to normal.
May I drive myself to and from my appointment?
Since your eyes will be dilated, you should not drive yourself after your appointment. You should bring a driver with you or take public transportation.
What should I bring with me to my appointment?
You should bring to following to every appointment:
- A photo ID
- Your Insurance card(s)
- Your Copayment or Deductible
- A referral (if required by your insurance plan)
- Your glasses (including any over-the-counter reading glasses)
- If you wear contact lenses, a case to remove them for your visit
- A complete list of your current medications (including vitamins and other supplements), including the dose of each medication
- Cash or credit card for parking
How long will my appointment take?
You should expect to be here for 1-2 hours (initial appointments may be longer), depending on whether or not you require additional diagnostic testing.